Come for the fun, stay for the chance at your dream job at a top STEM company or organization! BONUS: Save 20% and pay only $99 for GMiS 2021 if you register for the Conference AND College Bowl with code FLASHHHM21.
Attention College Students: There’s still time to sign up for the GMiS 2021 Virtual College Bowl! Showcase your creativity and team-building talents to top team sponsors (featured below) seeking interns and full-time candidates! Hundreds of students attend our conference and Career Fair, but College Bowl gives YOU the opportunity to beat the crowds and impress recruiters before anyone else.
Sign-up for the virtual College Bowl when you register for the 2021 GMiS Conference. Those already registered can still sign-up as well via the new GMiS 2021 Portal.
What is the GMiS College Bowl?
In the GMiS College Bowl, teams are comprised of students enrolled in universities from across the country and coached by government and industry STEM professionals – often recruiters.
Through each of the four rounds of competitions, the students and industry coaches work together and develop a sense of trust and familiarity, which provide an excellent basis for fostering creativity, team spirit, and leadership.
Students are able to demonstrate their agility, communication assertiveness, innovation and other workforce attributes that are not easily showcased in a resume.
A new Individual Student Category added to the College Bowl helps to further showcase the exceptional talents of students.
To be part of the College Bowl, you must be willing to work with your team during the evenings and weekends from Oct. 11-15. We ask that you complete the four competitions with your teams, as team participation affects the quality of competition submissions.
Taking part in the GMiS College Bowl is easy and fun:
- Step 1. Register for the GMiS Conference, and then select to be part of the College Bowl (at no extra cost).
To be part of the College Bowl, you must be willing to work with your team during the evenings and weekends from Oct. 11-15. We ask that you complete the four competitions with your teams, as team participation affects quality of competition submissions.
- Step 2. Submit your preferences for being on a Sponsor’s College Bowl Team by Thursday, Oct. 7.
- Step 3. Attend Pep Rally #1 on Wednesday (10/13, 3:00 pm PT) to learn of your Team #1 assignment and connect with your coaches and team.
- Step 4. Complete Competitions #1 and #2 by working with your team on Wednesday and Thursday. (Time commitment varies and is based on team preference.)
- Step 5. Attend Pep Rally #2 on Friday (10/15, 3:00 pm PT) to learn of Team #2 assignment and connect with your new coaches and team.
- Step 6. Complete Competitions #3 and #4 by working with your team on Friday and Saturday (10/15-16). (Time commitment varies and is based on team’s preference.)
- Step 7. Team and individual winners are announced on Thursday (10/21, 3:00 pm) during the virtual Student Leadership Awards Show.
Still not convinced the College Bowl is for you? Watch the video below and Buckle-Up! And remember, students who register for the Conference AND College Bowl can use code FLASHHHM21 to save 20% on registration and pay only $99!