GMiS STEM Scholarship Application Guidelines
Please read through all the information below, before you complete the online GMiS STEM Scholarship Application.
Basic Scholarship Requirement
- Applicants must demonstrate merit through academic achievements, leadership and campus/community activities
- Applicants must be pursuing a science, technology, engineering or math degree
- Applicants must have an overall minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for merit-based scholarships. Applicants may have a minimum 2.5 GPA for non-merit-based donor scholarships.
- Applicants must be of Hispanic descent and/or must demonstrate significant leadership or service within the underserved community
- Applicants may be enrolled full-time or part-time at the time of application and the time of the scholarship award
- Applicants must be enrolled in a STEM or health-related undergraduate or graduate program for the upcoming fall semester, at an accredited 2-yr or 4-yr college/university in the U.S. or its territories.
- If you have already earned a bachelors degree and are seeking support for another bachelors degree OR you have already earned a masters degree and are seeking support for another masters degree OR you have already earned a doctoral degree and are seeking support for another doctoral degree, you are ineligible to apply to this scholarship program.
Scholarship Recipients Will Receive
- A merit-based scholarship ranging in amounts from $500 to $5,000 or a non-merit based scholarship ranging from $500 – $1,000.
- Listing in the GMiS Scholars press release
Click Here for additional Information on the required application materials and to access the scholarship application
- Personal Statement addressing a topic determined by Great Minds in STEM.
- One Peer Letter of Recommendation from a friend, classmate, lab partner, roommate, teammate, or fellow member of a campus or community organization
- One Faculty Letter of Recommendation from a faculty, teacher, mentor, advisor, counselor, principal, dean, or MEP Director
- Official Transcript with the imprinted seal or signature of your college or high school (Transcripts must be in English). Transcripts must indicate a cumulative GPA based on a 4.0 scale.
- Self-photo (used for publication purposes only)
- Biographical Sketch
Application Submission Process
- Complete the online GMiS STEM Scholarship Application and submit your personal statement, resume, letters of recommendation, official transcript(s) and photo.
- Documents must be uploaded by 11:59 PM PST on April 30, 2024.
- Upon submission, an auto-confirmation page will be displayed verifying receipt of your application. If you did not receive this confirmation page, then you did not successfully submit your application. This confirmation page is your only record of submittal.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applicants WILL NOT have the opportunity to submit materials that are missing.
- Students selected as scholarship recipients will be notified, by email, in August. No other notifications will be made.
- Please do not call the office during the review period from May 1 – September 30 to check on the status of your application.